Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a higher education institute in China that enjoys a long history and a world-renowned reputation. Through 128 years of unrelenting effort, SJTU has become a top comprehensive and research-oriented international university in China. SJTU enjoys an ever-increasing level of scientific research excellence and technological innovation.
The SJTU Summer Research Internship Program aims to promote international research collaboration and enhance the academic environment at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. It offers excellent undergraduate students from all around the world the opportunity to spend a summer studying at world-class research laboratories alongside prominent research professors. It will prepare undergraduate students for further studies through intensive research experience with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
In addition, participants will develop their research skills by enjoying lectures with topics such as “How to Write a Research Essay” and “How to Cooperate in a Project”. Participants will also learn about Chinese language and culture, which will enhance their intercultural awareness and communication.
What will Participants receive?
- Knowledge of the top research projects in China
- The opportunity to work with top Chinese professors, fellows, and students
- A good basis for a career in academic research
- The opportunity to co-author a scientific paper
- Knowledge of Chinese language and culture
- A rewarding and unforgettable experience in China
- Students from overseas（ Non-Chinese citizen）, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao are eligible to apply.
- Students must have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program and be enrolled as a current undergraduate.
- Hold at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must provide an English language proficiency certificate: an IELTS with a score no less than 6.0 or a TOEFL with a score no less than 78 points. If you are studying in a fully English taught program, you must provide the relevant certificates.
- Additional requirements vary per laboratory.
July 1, 2024 – August 11, 2024