“Jiao◦Tong Global Virtual Classroom (Jiao◦Tong GVC)” Initiative encourages Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) faculty to co-create collaborative online international learning courses with peers at universities around the world. Virtual exchanges foster valuable, sustainable, and accessible international experiences for all SJTU students. SJTU faculty and their international partners jointly build or share undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Jiao◦Tong GVC courses are delivered either synchronously or asynchronously. Students will be able to gain global perspectives and deepen their understanding of the subject matter and cross-culture through engaging in the global virtual classroom. This is where the planned program comes in: Universities share quality teaching resources, that students from different regions and cultural backgrounds have golden opportunities to exchange ideas and inspire each other in the same class.
- Courses taught in English, covering both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Covering all disciplines: Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences
- SJTU Transcript: The academic transcript will be sent to students’ home institution directly.
- Cost: These courses are offered to students of Partner Universities at no cost.
Practice of Fall 2021
In Fall 2021, 20 “Shared Courses” of “Jiao Tong GVC” have been provided for 15 Partner Universities and The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), which attracted more than 90 students from 15 universities of 9 countries/regions in Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
Eligibility & Requirement
To be recommended for participating in virtual exchange, applicants must meet all requirements below:
- Applicants must be enrolled at their home Institution during the Spring 2022 semester.
- English language proficiency requirements
- IELTS 6.0, TOFEL 90, or other certificate showing the equivalent competency of English (waived for English native speakers)
- Others: Applicants should meet the requirements of home intuition for virtual exchange.
Application for Shared Courses
Please check if there are any pre-requisite or special requirements before applying for the course(s).
Time for Application
Deadline: 30 January, 2022
- To select no more than 3 courses from the course list of Spring 2022;
- To download the application form and submit to your home institution
- SJTU coordinator to confirm with the applicant’s home university whether the application is endorsed
If any questions arise, please kindly contact Lina Tao, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
NOW please download the application form to start your journey of virtual exchange at SJTU.