Jiao◦Tong Global Virtual Classroom (Jiao◦Tong GVC)” Initiative encourages Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) faculty to co-create collaborative online international learning courses with peers at universities around the world. Virtual exchanges foster valuable, sustainable, and accessible international experiences for all SJTU students. SJTU faculty and their international partners jointly build or share undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Jiao◦Tong GVC courses are delivered either synchronously or asynchronously. Students will be able to gain global perspectives and deepen their understanding of the subject matter and cross-culture through engaging in the global virtual classroom. This is where the planned program comes in: Universities share quality teaching resources, that students from different regions and cultural backgrounds have golden opportunities to exchange ideas and inspire each other in the same class.
- Courses taught in English, covering both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Covering all disciplines: Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences
- SJTU Transcript: The academic transcript will be sent to students’ home institution directly.
- Cost: These courses are offered to students of partner universities at no cost.
Practice of 2021 & 2022
In the years of 2021 and 2022, 43 “Shared Courses” and “Co-built Courses” of “Jiao Tong GVC” have been provided for partner universities and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), which attracted more than 360 students from 27 universities of 14 countries/regions in Asia, Europe, Oceania, North America and South America.
Eligibility & Requirement
To be recommended for participating in virtual exchange, applicants must meet all requirements below:
- Applicants must be enrolled at their home university during the Fall 2022 semester.
- English language proficiency requirements
- IELTS 6.0, TOFEL 90, or other certificate showing the equivalent competency of English (waived for English native speakers)
- Others: Applicants should meet the requirements of their home university for virtual exchange.
Application for Shared Courses
Please check if there are any pre-requisites or special requirements before applying for the course(s).
Time for Application
Deadline: Friday, August 26, 2022
- To select no more than 3 courses from the course list of Fall 2022
- To download the application form and submit to applicant’s home university
- SJTU coordinator to confirm with applicant’s home university whether the application is endorsed
If any questions arise, please kindly contact Lina Tao, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now please download the application form to start your journey of virtual exchange at SJTU.download the application form